Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Is this Spam?

The Spam Is In the List (is what i was going to call this post )



You may hear it a different way from time to time. Like the money is in the list.

I think people view this wrong recently James Holms bought boot scootin traffic

I am a member and will continue to be so, but it was strange when Sunny Suggs the old owner sent me an e-mail from a foreign address.

See sunny kept the list and just assumes that since we signed up for bootscootin and she owned bootscootin then we are hers.


Now My take on this is, “This is wrong for 2 major reasons:”

1st the members did not optin to Sunny but to boot scootin so the emails sent are unwanted and SPAM.

2nd James Holmes bought an site that will now be hit double by emails making his purchase less affective.


At the very minimum Sunny should have sent out an email with James permission and ASKED people to opt-in for a second time as bootscootin was being sold and with it the ability to send email to a list she no longer owned.


I hate feeling like a number on a list I truly do but this is internet marketing 101 and it’s a gross display of how impersonal it can truly be.

And To Sunny Suggs former owner of boot scootin remove me I didn’t sign up to you I signed up to bootscootin.


So I ask you all to let me know what you think Is this SPAM or not?


And That is my traffic exchange 2 cents!

James Dias

5 comments:

  1. Great post, James. I can honestly say, I've sold 30 traffic exchanges or more over the years and I NEVER retained a single member email list from any of them. It's amazing that owners want to make money selling the site, but that isn't good enough, they still want to be able to push their new products/services on their former members.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW great comment Trista I couldnt have said it any better. Its a shame and you are right thanks for the feed back! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi James,

    If I am buying a traffic exchange then what exactly is it that I am buying?

    I would expect that the main thing I am paying for is the list of members of that traffic exchange.

    Then the first thing I would do would be to contact that list, introduce myself, and explain what my plans were.

    Now imagine how annoyed I would be if the person who had just sold me that TE was also mailing that list - my list - trying to get my members to join a new program.

    And imagine how confused that list would be if they were getting emails from the new TE owner saying one thing and the old TE owner saying something different.

    The situation you describe where the old owner gets to continue to market to a list once the business has been sold is utterly crazy.

    Spam you ask?

    Sure thing.

    Patrick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patrick,

    I agree 100 % I do man. well said

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is re: James Holmes, owner of Bootscotintraffic.com.
    On his TE and many others I noticed www.justbeenpaid and JSS Trippler. Ii read these sites are illegal pyramid schemes. Why on earth on they being advertised?

    On JSS Tripler it fits the definition of Ponzi set by the FTC.gov website, a standard adopted by over 150 nations. The focus of the system is purchase of matrix positions on the promise of returned cash which is only obtained by more people buying the chance to make money.

    ReplyDelete